Experience Eureka: New Student Summer Orientation
Virtual Dates: May 26th, 27th, 28th and June 3rd
On Campus Date: July 27th
Virtual Resource Dates: These optional sessions will be held via the Zoom platform and are designed to answer your specific questions about these offices. More info to come!
May 3-June 11: Financial Aid and Business Office
June 14-25: Housing
June 28-July 9: Career Development
July 12-23: Resident Assistant Social and Student Records
Transfer Student Orientation Date: Friday, August 13th
When registering, please note that course registration sessions will take place during the virtual orientation dates. Each student must choose one of the virtual sessions. The on-campus orientation session is optional and in addition to the virtual registration sessions. Due to COVID precautions, each student will be allowed one guest for our on-campus orientation date.
The entire Eureka College community is committed to making each student’s transition to college life as successful as possible.
During Experience Eureka Orientation, students will:
- Meet their peers
- Network with current students
- Learn about campus resources
- Meet representatives from campus services & programs
During Experience Eureka Orientation, families and guests will:
- Receive additional information about the college and resources
- Gain insight into the adjustments students and families will face during the next few years
- Become better acquainted with the campus and university personnel
Financial Aid Requirements
1.) Return your signed Financial Aid Offer/Letter to the Office of Financial Aid
Submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 309-467-6897, or mail to Eureka College Office of Financial Aid at 300 East College Ave, Eureka, IL 61530
2.) If accepting any Federal Direct Student Loan Offers, the student must complete the "Loan Entrance Counseling" and "Loan Agreement ('MPN')" at https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process. You will need your FSA ID# to complete these requirements.
Placement Test Information
Students who meet any of the following guidelines may take any course for which MAT095R (Elementary and Intermediate Algebra) is a prerequisite:
1. Scored 23 or higher on the math section of the ACT or scored 560 or higher on the math section of the SAT.
2. Completed full year courses in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II and earned grades of B or better in each course.
3. Completed a semester of precaluclus or calculus and earned a grade of C or better.
4. Completed a transferable college-level math course with a grade of C or better.
5. Passed the MAT095R Competency Test with a score of 80% or above.
Students who do not meet any of the above guidelines and are placed in MAT095R but would like to attempt to test out of the course may register to take the MAT095R Competency Test* on one of the following dates:
Thursday, August 5, 2021 from 9:00-11:00 am in the Learning Center (Harrod Lounge)
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 from 9:00-11:00 am in the Learning Center (Harrod Lounge)
*The test material covers concepts taught in standard high school algebra I and algebra II, full year courses.
If you have questions about the MAT095R Competency Test or need to make other arrangements for taking the test, please contact Mr. Brian Bill at email@example.com.
If you decide to take this test, you may bring a non-graphing scientific calculator. Please note that no cell phones, smart watches, computers, notebooks, or other electronic devices are allowed.
Interested in a foreign language?
Consider taking Spanish at Eureka College — there are courses for everyone, from beginners to advanced speakers. For more information about Spanish classes or to take a placement test, please email Dr. Eaton at firstname.lastname@example.org before you attend orientation.
How to Purchase Books
Eureka College Online Bookstore
Each semester the store open and deadline dates will be emailed from the Bookstore. Once your schedule is loaded to the site, you will receive an email from BNC Services with your access code. This code will be needed if you wish to put your books on your student account.
The Order Process is Simple:
- Order on Eureka College’s Online Bookstore at https://bncvirtual.com/eureka
- Enter your student (Sonis) ID
- Click “View Your Materials” to see your scheduled courses and required materials
- Verify the term and courses by checking the start and end dates as well as the Course ID
- Select a textbook option: new, used, rental, digital or shop the Marketplace
- Watch for Buyback Guaranteed Pricing
- Set up or Login to your account with your Eureka email and password
- Checkout with a credit card, PayPal™ or charge to your Student Account with the access number sent to you from BNC Services
- Have your order shipped FREE to campus within the deadline or choose to ship to your home for $5.95
Course materials will be shipped automatically to those who do not make a purchase or opt out by the deadline.
To OPT Out:
If you do not want to purchase through the Online Bookstore, opt out of the program by following the simple, guided process located at the top of the home page.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 309-467-6420