WELCOME TO YOUR SUMMER ORIENTATION!
Summer Orientation is designed to provide everything you need for a successful start to classes in the fall. Eureka College is dedicated to your success and following all necessary precautions to transition students successfully through Summer Orientation into the Fall Semester.
Summer Orientation 2022
We are excited you are joining us for Fall 2022. Whether you are coming as a first-year student or a transfer student, our Summer Orientation will ensure that your transition to Eureka College is smooth and enjoyable.
Through our Summer Orientation program, students will:
- connect with peers in meaningful ways and share experiences to broaden their community
- discover Eureka College traditions and campus culture
- learn about and deepen their understanding of the College's services and procedures that students and families use throughout their time at Eureka College.
- intellectually engage with faculty, staff, and other students to strengthen their understanding of the academic expectations of the college experience, including the curriculum, engaged learning, and academic advising
Each first generation student and first year student must attend one of these sessions to register for 2022-23 courses.
On Campus Date:
First Year 2022 Orientation Dates: June 21 (session is full), June 22 (session is full), July 20 (choose 1)
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
First Gen 2022 Orientation: July 20, 5 p.m. - July 21, 4:30 p.m.
(overnight stay on campus included)
A First Gen student is a person whose parent(s)/guardian(s) didn't graduate from a 4-year institution.
Can't attend the First Gen Orientation?
Sign up for ONE of the general sessions: June 21st (session is full), June 22nd (session is full), July 20th
Transfer 2022 Orientation: July 19th
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If you own or have access to a laptop, please bring it with you to Orientation so we can help you complete the needed documents. If you don't have a laptop, one will be provided for you.
Financial Aid Requirements
1. Return your signed Financial Aid Offer/Letter to the Office of Financial Aid
Submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 309-467-6897, or mail to Eureka College Office of Financial Aid at 300 East College Ave, Eureka, IL 61530
2. If accepting any Federal Direct Student Loan Offers, the student must complete the "Loan Entrance Counseling" and "Loan Agreement ('MPN')" at https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process. You will need your FSA ID# to complete these requirements.
Placement Test Information
Students who meet any of the following guidelines may take any course for which MAT095R (Elementary and Intermediate Algebra) is a prerequisite:
1. Scored 23 or higher on the math section of the ACT or scored 560 or higher on the math section of the SAT.
2. Completed full year courses in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II and earned grades of B or better in each course.
3. Completed a semester of precaluclus or calculus and earned a grade of C or better.
4. Completed a transferable college-level math course with a grade of C or better.
5. Passed the MAT095R Competency Test with a score of 80% or above.
Students who do not meet any of the above guidelines and are placed in MAT095R but would like to attempt to test out of the course may register to take the MAT095R Competency Test* on one of the following dates:
Monday, 8/15/22 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in the Learning Center (Harrod Lounge)
Tuesday, 8/16/22 from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. in the Learning Center (Harrod Lounge)
*The test material covers concepts taught in standard high school algebra I and algebra II, full year courses.
If you have questions about the MAT095R Competency Test or need to make other arrangements for taking the test, please contact Mr. Brian Bill at email@example.com. Students need to make an appointment with Brian via email beforehand.
If you decide to take this test, you may bring a non-graphing scientific calculator. Please note that no cell phones, smart watches, computers, notebooks, or other electronic devices are allowed.
Interested in a foreign language?
Consider taking Spanish at Eureka College — there are courses for everyone, from beginners to advanced speakers. For more information about Spanish classes or to take a placement test, please email Dr. Eaton at firstname.lastname@example.org before you attend orientation.
How to Purchase Books
Eureka College Online Bookstore
Each semester the store open and deadline dates will be emailed from the Bookstore. Once your schedule is loaded to the site, you will receive an email from BNC Services with your access code. This code will be needed if you wish to put your books on your student account.
The Order Process is Simple:
- Order on Eureka College’s Online Bookstore at https://bncvirtual.com/eureka
- Enter your student (Sonis) ID
- Click “View Your Materials” to see your scheduled courses and required materials
- Verify the term and courses by checking the start and end dates as well as the Course ID
- Select a textbook option: new, used, rental, digital or shop the Marketplace
- Watch for Buyback Guaranteed Pricing
- Set up or Login to your account with your Eureka email and password
- Checkout with a credit card, PayPal™ or charge to your Student Account with the access number sent to you from BNC Services
- Have your order shipped FREE to campus within the deadline or choose to ship to your home for $5.95
Course materials will be shipped automatically to those who do not make a purchase or opt out by the deadline.
To OPT Out:
If you do not want to purchase through the Online Bookstore, opt out of the program by following the simple, guided process located at the top of the home page.
This is an exciting time, but we understand it can also feel overwhelming. Please reach out with any questions; we are here to help every step of the way.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 309-467-6420